Tuesday 8 April 2014

Stylebook

Hi everyone!
Today I want to introduce you to an app that I am really loving for organising and planning what I'm going to wear. It's called Stylebook and it can be found here:
Basically I have all my clothes in my Stylebook. It's like a catalogue of my wardrobe on my iPad. I can plan outfits weeks in advance, put together clothes to take on holiday, see what I have in colour groups, see different ways I've worn a particular item at a glance, and see clothing stats like cost per wear, how often I've worn something, which items are most and least worn, and most cringeworthy, how many items I have and how much my entire wardrobe is worth!
You do have some work upfront in cataloguing your clothes, granted. I tend to look up the item online when I buy something as I don't have a fancy camera to take a picture. Then you edit to to remove the background. The end result looks like a polyvore set. See one I made earlier.
You can organise your outfits any way that you want. I have mine in day/work/evening and in those subsets for seasons.
As you can see I have a lot of work to do with planning my spring and summer wardrobe.
This is the ultimate in geekery I suppose. But my OCD nature thoroughly enjoys it. And it makes getting dressed in the morning so easy. No more agonising and never having anything to wear. I can also view my most worn outfits if I want something tried and tested. I can make notes on an outfit as well. If I fancy wearing something I've not worn in a while I can pick out items that are rarely worn and plan new ways to wear them. I feel that I am making much better use of my existing clothes and as a result I am spending less!
Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment